The Woodlands Home Inspections
Don't buy or sell your Woodlands Home without a detailed Home Inspection by Southern Star Inspections!
The Woodlands is a master planned community just north of Houston in Montgomery County. The combination of excellent housing options, outstanding school district, thick wooded recreational parks and retail shopping makes The Woodlands hard to pass up!
The Woodlands is also a fantastic place to work! Many large fortune 500 companies are now calling The Woodlands home for their corporate offices.
The Woodlands Home Inspection service includes Pre-Sale Home Inspections, Phase Inspections, New Home Inspections, and 1 Year Warranty Inspections. Items that are inspected in great detail are Foundations, Roof Materials, Exterior Walls, Doors, Windows, Plumbing Material, Electrical, and A/C Components. Your Woodlands Home Inspector will inspect every inch of your home and will fully explain all items found during the inspection. The report is thorough but easy to read and follow. We are here to answer your questions seven days a week!
Schedule Your Woodlands Home Inspection Here!
Feel Free to Contact Me Anytime:
- The Woodlands, Texas - Chamber of Commerce
- The Woodlands, Texas - Economic Development
- The Woodlands, Texas - Relocation
- The Woodlands, Texas - Community
- The Woodlands, Texas - School District
The Woodlands, Texas - History:
- The Woodlands is located primarily in Montgomery County, Texas, with a small portion in Harris County.
- The tract of land where The Woodlands is situated was previously occupied by the Grogan-Cochran Lumber Mill. The namesakes for the Grogan's Mill and Cochran's Crossing neighborhoods, called "villages".
- The Woodlands was founded by George P. Mitchell in 1974.
- The Woodlands planned to establish a conference center, hotels, office parks, retail malls, schools, large distribution centers, and golf courses.
- House offerings range from affordable to expensive and large.
- Bill Schadewald of the Houston Business Journal said that Mitchell wanted the development to "entice city slickers looking for far-flung suburban quality of life.
- The Woodlands Corporation was acquired on July 31, 1997, by a joint partnership between Morgan Stanley and Crescent Real Estate Equities.
- In December 2003, The Rouse Company acquired Crescent's interest in The Woodlands. Rouse was itself sold to General Growth Properties on November 12, 2004.
- In 2011 The Woodlands was sold to the Howard Hughes Development Corporation.
- The original planning of The Woodlands utilized many of the planning concepts and design consultants employed in other well-regarded new communities of that era such as Columbia, Maryland, Irvine Ranch, California and Reston, Virginia.
- The original development plan included environmental design principles espoused by Ian McHarg, a distinguished landscape architect.
- The Woodlands Town Center area includes shopping and eating facilities, a waterway resembling the San Antonio River Walk, and water taxis known as "Waterway Cruisers" that are enclosed and cooled for added comfort.
Quality Inspections You Can Trust!